I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wall Decals/Adhesives using CONTACT paper

I have had this idea for over a year.  I bought the contact paper and have used it for everything but Wall Stickers.  Today I was redoing my room and was going to paint some canvases to put on the wall above the bed.  We have a platform bed I really needed something to take up a lot of space.  I got an AHA! moment so glad for those!

I usually name all of my art work even though this was only 10% painted I still named it STAND BY ME.  It's two love birds out on a branch of a tree that is bare.  Sometimes in our marriage we don't have much to give but all we need from our spouse is for them to just stand next to us.  I love Shakespeare's Sonnet 116
Love is not love,
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark




  • It worked fabulously!
  • It only cost me $3 for the roll.
  • It was so easy!
  • It peels off the wall w/ no problem.
Convinced yet!
This size of Wall Sticker would of cost me $50 it cost me $3.  I freehanded my tree and in some areas where I made the branch to thick I would just peel it off and slim it down.  It is actually one long piece for the thick branch and then I added all the other ones on as I went along. If your not comfortable with freehand then print out your image, cut it out and trace it to the back of the contact paper.  Use scissors or an exacto knife.  I prefer scissors.

You could also use colored contact paper for the birds but I wanted to paint them.


The DIY Faux Capiz Chandelier tutorial you can find here
Other ideas quotes, plain trees, butterflies....:

12 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I've lived in a number of places (including now) where the walls are impenetrable so decals are a decorating lifesaver but can be so expensive. I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea - contact paper is a great substitute for vinyl, and your branch turned out really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a very nice job. I really like it. And I love the Shakespeare quote because it was in one of my favorite movies, "Sense & Sensibility". Great blog, BTW.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant! I just found you through Flamingo Toes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great DIY idea! (Wall decals can be so expensive.) Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO pretty!! Would love it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/10/turquoise-lovin-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, so pretty too. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So smart! This is going on my "must do" list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it.

    Found you via showmewhatyagot and hope you’ll swing by! I have a great giveaway today:

    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2011/10/more-stencil-splendor-giveaway.html

    best to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks ladies it was so easy and cheap that it's a must try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! Contact paper works almost exactly like vinyl but is so much cheaper- LOVE it! Your room is so cute and I love the chandie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stephanie, yes I had so much fun though it took forever to make that chandelier.

    ReplyDelete