I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hi Hat Cupcakes:Mint Chocolate Buttercream frosting Chocolate cupcake

Easy is good!

Ingredients
box of chocolate cake or of course your favorite from scratch chocolate cake recipe
for frosting:
6tblsp of margarine
3/4 cp of cocoa
1/3cp of milk
1tsp mint flavor
2-3cps of powdered sugar


1. follow the directions on the box for cupcakes
2. Stir all of your frosting ingredients together and beat. Start with 2cps of powdered sugar and add more powdered sugar if you want a stiffer consistency.
3. Let cupcakes cool then pipe frosting onto cupcakes high and fluffy. Freeze for 20min and then dip in chocolate.

Chocolate for dipping:

2 cups (12 ounces) semi sweet chocolate chips or baking bar chopped up
3-2 tsp canola oil

Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water ( but not touching) Stir frequently. Once the chocolate is smooth mix in the canola oil and transfer to a smaller, deeper bowl. One that will be better for dipping. Let cool for 10-15 min before dipping.
 
Share only with nice people and well if you have to be nice, with your neighbor whose dog keeps pooping at your front door.

Image above is not my own but I have no idea where it came from sorry.

28 comments:

  1. yummy come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look absolutely spectacular!! :)
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good! Thanks for sharing!
    Stephanie @ Ladywiththeredrocker.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. No. Not with the dog people. These are too good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh la la! Can't wait to make these! they look decadent! Your newest follower,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jusaweecatnap, LOL. Carrie, welcome! Always flattered to have a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to try these but it doesnt say how much powdered sugar to use in the frosting.

    ReplyDelete